Thursday 19 September 2013

A layout "Tiger or Butterfly... ?" - Free For All Week

Hi all ! Our "Free For All" weeks are a good way to showcase what we have done with our Tando stash that is not specific to any themed week. :)  This time, I chose to share with you a second page I made as guest DT for capdescrapperça, the French blog I talked about in my earlier post. 
On this page I used only one Tando chipboard, but it's among my favorites, coming from my Butterfly Grab Bag. I love Tando's mini grab bags with their mix of different shapes and/or sizes on a theme... and these butterflies make fabulous embellishments, I could quite easy fit several of them on any page or project ! For my page I used one that by luck perfectly follows the lines of the mini Butterfly die I have from Sizzix ! I just inked the wings with my Distress Squeezed Lemonade, enhancing the colour on the edges, and in the middle I applied pink ink (Picked Rasberry). 



And now for the anecdote, let's me tell you how I made the background of this page as I think it's well worth knowing... I often print myself the photos when I need some for scrapbooking. This time, I made a mistake and first printed my photo on the bad (not glossy) side. Oops, UGLY result haha !!! Of course, I printed it again on the good side immediately. But by mere coincidence I didn't throw out the bad one... And the day after, ready to start my page, I spilled a drop of water on it and saw that my printed inks haven't dried at all ! So I decided to totally spray the photo and wiped it all over my page using some masks (including Sequin Waste) and trying to put the blue ink diagonally. No waste at all like that tee-hee !!! You can see the leftovers of the ugly photo under the good one, both were torn up to fit the sketch from Scrapouillon I had to follow  (I rotated it a quarter turn on the left).
Sketch1

It looks like my messy and dirty page suits well the sketch, doesn't it haha?.. Enjoy your day, and please come back tomorrow to look at another fab "free for all" make from fellow teammate. And don't forget our Leaf challenge running here ! Crafty hugs, Coco xxx  

5 comments:

nefertiti said...

I love this flight of butterflies Coco! Very wonderfuf layout !!!bisous

roc said...

that is beautifully done!

Kaz said...

It's beautiful Coco x

Sandra said...

Hi, hi, hi ! I love the way you used your "ugly photo" to create your "messy and dirty page" !
It is NOT trash, it is EPHEMERIA !
Great job, and funny post :)

Words and Pictures said...

How clever to make sure the ink wasn't wasted, and turn it into part of your art - fabulous, fun and lively layout, Coco!
Alison x